Home made Dandruff Remedies
Dandruff is one of the biggest problems for both men and women. Dandruff is the shedding of dead skin cells from the scalp. It is sometimes caused by frequent exposure to extreme heat and cold. Dandruff is a common scalp disorder affecting almost half of the population at the pre-pubertal age and of any gender and ethnicity. In some cultures dandruff is considered aesthetically displeasing that’s why we bring Dandruff Remedies for you.
Some individuals with severe dandruff may have social or self-esteem problems. Therefore, treatment may be important for both physiological and psychological reasons.
There are lots of shampoos available in the market which claims to have solution for dandruff, but the result varies as it depends upon the hair and your skin type. There are some home remedies which you can use to get rid of dandruff. Some of them are as following:
- Dandruff arises from an oily, not dry scalp. Use a special formulated shampoo to help control the flaking.
- An anti dandruff shampoo should contain tree oil, salicylic acid, sulfur and zinc pyrithione. Use on alternate days.
- Massage your scalp with some table salt to remove dandruff then shampoo.
- Avoid taking foods with preservatives or additives.
- After washing your hair, massage your scalp with half a cup of apple cider vinegar. Leave it there, don’t rinse off. Do this for a week.
- You could try this leave-on after shampooing: boil 1 cup of water with 2 tablespoons of dried thyme for 5 minutes & leave to cool. Strain then massage onto hair & scalp. Don’t rinse off.