Delicious Barfi Recipe by Tasneem
Here is the complete recipe how to make the delicious Barfi like a pro.
- Cream (I used thickened cream): 300 ml
- Full fat powder milk: 3 cups ( PLUS 2 TBSP)
- Dessicated coconut 1/4 cup
- sugar : 1 cups
- Green cardamom: half tsp
- Pistacio or almonds: 3-4 TBSP
- Mix cream and half of the dry milk in a bowl, and microwave it for 2 minutes
- Stir together well add rest of the milk powder and mix well, again microwave for 2 more minutes
- Now check if if has become khoya (mixture should become homogenous and a little stiff and it is not sticking to walls of bowl anymore.. )
- if its texture is not of “khoya” yet, then microwave it for one more minute or so.
- Add sugar and coconut powder into khoya , mix well and microwave for 1 more mint until sugar dissolve into it.
- Now grind the cardamom in powder and mix it well.
- Take a small deep cake pan , put cling film inside (cling film will help to remove it easily when it will be set) and pour this mixture into it, smoother its top,
- Sprinkle finely chopped pistachio /almonds on the top and press them lightly.
- Put it in fridge for 2-3 hours or over night, and it will be set, cut in diamonds shape and serve