It is fact that nearly half of the world’s population suffers from insomnia. Insomnia usually causes by worry, anxiety, stress and major or minor health problems which can effect your quality of sleep. Lots of people takes sleeping pills which can actually make feel more tired and groggy the next day. Regular usage of the sleeping pills can harm your body as well as can cause mental issues.
There are many herbal remedies which you can adopt in order to get good sleep.
The amount of sleep each person needs varies. Most people require around eight hours each night, but various factors can effect how much or less you might need, including your weight, age muscle mass, exercise during the day, healthy lifestyle, and of course stress!
Do you feel agitated in your sleep? You subconsciously process your thoughts and emotions during your sleep, which is what makes it restless.
- Massage a blend of basil, petit grain and roman chamomile on your temples, forehead, and your nostrils (breathe it in easily) before going to bed.
- Massage a blend of lavender marjoram and roman chamomile on your temples, forehead, at your nostrils (breathe it in easily), before going to bed.
- Cut back on coffee, tea, and other sources of caffeine, especially in the evening.
- Avoid eating large, late-evening meals and heavy, fatty foods before going to bed.
- Take a walk or perform mild exercises such as yoga before going to bed.
- Don’t use your bedroom as a place to work.
- Have a cup of warm milk before going to bed. Milk products contain an amino acid precursor that boosts serotonin in the brain.
- Take a warm (not hot) bath (not a shower) before going to bed.
- Avoid naps if they interfere with your normal sleep pattern.
- If unable to fall asleep within 20-30 minutes of lying down, get up and do something else until you feel sleepy. This way your body does not associate your bed with work-fullness.
- Exercise during the day.
- If you continue to suffer from insomnia or lack of sleep, seek medical advise.
- Try drinking a soothing chamomile or linden blossom herbal tea before going to bed.
- Of course if your insomnia lasts, you’re advised to seek medical help and support.